Sunday, May 15, 2016

Warm blanket reception

One thing that I heard growing up was how I wasn't planned; I wasn't supposed to happen; how I was a mistake.  An infant never asks to be born but a grown ups life is created by the reception they receive when they are born.

Years ago I heard someone explain a child's life is formed by what she referred to as "The Warm Blanket Reception". A child who comes into the world to parents who love, cherish, and actually invest in their child's life has a much better chance at success.  This is what is known as a warm blanket reception.

Unfortunately so many children come into this world unwanted, unloved, unplanned such as me. Odds are worse for a child when they are born to parents who don't care for or about that child. This particular child becomes a burden to the parents who danced the dance to bring that child into the world. This child would have to fight for any positive out come.

Many times the child not born into the warm blanket reception doesn't even know why they have such a struggle in life. Many times they never learn that they are victim to a viscous cycle. Their parents had unplanned children and just met life's status quot, then they do the same, their children do the same, etc.  Very few people really stop to find out why is their such pain and misery in the cycle of their life.

Being unwanted or even rejected from infancy strips one's value. It can be the start of failure for this child's life. The average miserable grown up doesn't stop to think where from my birth did I have gaps? Let's go find them, mend them, and move forward. They just accept I'm unlovable, I'm unworthy, I'm not good enough, I'll never amount to anything.

I was that person who felt unworthy, unlovable and unable to ever care about me. I would cry, even be bitter, angry, furious that so many people around me 'deserved' to be happy and I didn't. I even would get angry at God.  Many times in my life I can recall getting mad at God and asking him why in the hell did he allow me, a mistake to be born? I had convinced myself that God allowed me to be born only to let all of the heavens and earth see that he could make a mistake if he wanted to.

I have since found healing and realize that all couldn't be further from the truth. As I continue to unfold my life and my journey, I hope you take away something from this post. Take away knowing no matter how you were received as a child, YOU ARE WORTHY of all love, joy, happiness, and whatever your heart desires.

As I continue with my journey and this blog, I hope that you'll be able to find how I have been able to do a complete 180 degree turn from my past, my pains, even my demons and I've been able to be strong, find happiness (true happiness) and how I've been able to start valuing me. As my first post reflects I've even begun an amazing weight loss transformation. I'm determined to finish this journey and to remain on the right side of my journey.  When you finally find the true inner peace, the true point to say I'm ready to invest in me, to believe in yourself (even if you have to do it alone such as I have) when you find this, nothing can stop you! When you make an absolute about face, you keep marching in that direction.

Today, as you read this, my hope is you'll look deep inside at your pains and serve them an eviction notice! They don't need to live there any more.  Clean house and stand your ground! You might not know how you're going to fill them with self worth and self value, but continue to follow me and let's find them together. Today just kick ass on your past pains. Let you know that YOU ARE WORTH IT.

Soon we will focus on finding your joy and happiness. Today forgive the past and release those pains. Be gentle to yourself and say it's ok. We will work thru it all one day, one step at a time.

Much love and peace to you all.

Kat


6 comments:

Annette said...

You are completely worth it. I agree with your analogy. Words cannot express how true it is for me.

Unknown said...

Indeed! Thank you Annette for your support! You know I love you!

Unknown said...

Indeed! Thank you Annette for your support! You know I love you!

Unknown said...

Glad you're here :)

Unknown said...

Thank you! I hope you are finding leave in your life's journey Stacy!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I hope you are finding leave in your life's journey Stacy!